Alexander is an expert in corporate law and is engaged in complex support of cross-border investment and M&A transactions. He has significant experience in various industries, such as retail, energy, hospitality, food production, construction materials and equipment.
One of Alexander's key areas of activity is advising on corporate governance, reorganization, business restructuring and joint ventures.
Alexander advises foreign and Russian clients on complex issues of international law and provides representation of their interests before various governmental authorities at all levels, including courts, ministries and agencies of the Russian Federation.
Within two decades of legal practice, Alexander has gained rich and varied experience both as an in-house counsel and as a consultant to leading international and Russian law firms.
- advising IKEA, a global Swedish furniture producer on environmental regulations and personal data protection in Russia
- advising Atria Group, one of the leading meat and food companies in the Nordic countries, Russia and Estonia on the spin-off of their fast-food business in Russia
- advising a private equity fund CapMan on investment in Voxys, one of the leading Russian players in the outsourcing contact center services industry
- advising a private equity fund CapMan on providing an investment for the Russian pharma enterprise Medisorb
- participating in a series of comparative law seminars for the HR management of Microsoft, Amazon and other American IT companies (held in Washington DC, Seattle and San-Francisco)
- advising the Finnish Prime Minister’s Office on all matters related to acquisition of the House of Finland located in the heart of St Petersburg from the Russian government. Negotiated with the Russian federal and local authorities, drafted the intergovernmental agreement between Russia and Finland and was generally responsible for the legal aspects of the project
Alexander’s experience includes his projects before joining BIRCH LEGAL.