Evgeny specializes in protecting the interests of clients in particularly complex criminal cases, including cases involving economic crimes and corruption as well as crimes against persons. He has considerable experience in participating and handling cases in the Constitutional Court of the Russian Federation.
Over the last 20 years, he has been engaged in educating both the next generation of Russia's lawyers and practicing attorneys who are eager to expand their horizons. Evgeny ihas a PhD in Law and is an Associate Professor. Evgeny is the co-author of textbooks on the disciplines of “Law Enforcement Agencies” and “Criminal Procedural Law of the Russian Federation” and the author of nearly 60 scientific articles and publications, including works for attorneys at law. He is also a tenured professor at the Higher Courses for Advanced Training for Attorneys at Law organized by the Federal Chamber of Attorneys at Law of the Russian Federation.
From 2011 to 2019, Evgeny Rubinstein was a member of the Qualification Commission of the Moscow Bar Association. From 2019 to the present, he has held a position as a Member of the Council of the Moscow City Bar, and since 2015, he has served as Counsel to the Federal Chamber of Attorneys at Law and a member of the Scientific Advisory Council of the Federal Chamber of Attorneys at Law of the Russian Federation.
Evgeny is an attorney at law (Advokat) admitted to the Moscow Bar Association (Chamber of Advokats).
- providing criminal defense to the owner of a bank accused of a crime provided for by Articles 159 and 174.1 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation
- providing criminal defense to the head of a defense enterprise on the charges of committing a crime under Part 4 of Article 160 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation
- providing criminal defense to an upper-level employee of a law enforcement agency accused of committing a litany of corruption crimes
- providing criminal defense to a foreign paint and coatings producer, its management and employees in a criminal case involving customs
- defending the head of a Russian subsidiary of an international construction corporation in a criminal case on charges of committing a crime provided for by Part 4 of Article 159 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation
- defending the mayor of a capital city of a subject of the Russian Federation in a criminal case who was accused of committing a number of corruption crimes